Jr. Workers Claim Specialist
- Build strong relationships with our clients, working in partnership with them to address their workplace absence issues
- Completing Form 7’s
- Managing workplace injury claims, minimizing time-loss and claim costs through early intervention and proactive co-ordination of services
- Ensuring regular and open lines of communication with clients and the provincial Boards
- Liaising with the provincial Workers’ Compensation Boards
- Reviewing claim files
- Interpreting provincial workers’ compensation legislation, policies and procedures
- Filing reports of injury, identifying appeal issues, drafting letters of objection
- Coordinating case management activities including developing, implementing and monitoring return to work and rehabilitation strategies
- Facilitating 3rd party interventions (functional capacity evaluations, independent medical evaluations)
- Work experience in a workers’ compensation claims management capacity either at the WSIB (or a similar provincial workers’ compensation board-commission) or in an in-house capacity at a private company.
- Corresponding knowledge of workers’ compensation statutes, policies and procedures.
- Workplace health and safety would be an asset but not necessary.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
If you are interested in applying, please forward a cover letter and resume by to:
Andy Armeniakos, Director of Human Resources